activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ and Sequoia Database -autocommit issue
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 12:30:28 GMT
We use the JDBC API to set auto commit to be false; so it sounds like
sequoia might not be implementing JDBC properly. It might be worth
pinging the sequoia mail lists to see if they've got any bright ideas.

BTW another alternative if you want to replicate messages to two
locations is to use Master/Slave
http://activemq.org/MasterSlave

On 5/10/06, Dave cawthorn <dave.cawthorn@empired.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to get activemq 4.0 to work with sequoia (was previously c-jdbc)
> but am running into a problem asociated with autocomit mode connections
> trying to be commited when the broker starts up. I tried the solution that
> works with mysql but the sequoia driver seems to ignore it.
>
> here's a partial trace
>
> ACTIVEMQ_HOME: C:\install\incubator-activemq-4.0\bin\..
> INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ 4.0 JMS Message Broker
> (localhos
> t) is starting
> INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please
> see:
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
> WARN  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver NOT recognized:
> [sequoia_
> generic_driver].  Will use default JDBC implementation.
> ERROR BrokerService                  - Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS Message
> Brok
> er. Reason: java.io.IOException: Trying to commit a connection in autocommit
> mod
> java.io.IOException: Trying to commit a connection in autocommit mode
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.util.IOExceptionSupport.create(IOExceptionSupport
> .java:42)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.TransactionContext.close(TransactionCo
> ntext.java:125)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.createAdapter(J
> DBCPersistenceAdapter.java:253)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.getAdapter(JDBC
> PersistenceAdapter.java:213)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.start(JDBCPersi
>
> here are the parts of my config
>
>  <persistenceAdapter>
>       <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#sequoia-ds" />
>     </persistenceAdapter>
>

>  <!-- Sequoia DataSource -->
> <bean id="sequoia-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
> destroy-method="close">
>     <property name="driverClassName"
> value="org.continuent.sequoia.driver.Driver"/>
>     <property name="url"
> value="jdbc:sequoia://localhost/vieo_ccs?relaxAutoCommit=true"/>
>     <property name="username" value="postgres"/>
>     <property name="password" value="postgres"/>
>     <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
>     <property name="defaultAutoCommit" value="true"/>
> </bean>
>
> any ideas on how to get the persistence adapter to set the connection to
> autocommit=false? (the default connection for sequoia is autocommit=true)
>
> regards
> Dave
>
> --

James