activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cluster problem, journal conflict?
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 13:47:19 GMT
On 5/6/06, Paul Tomsic <ptomsic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> there's no replication at the OS level, if that's what
> you're asking.
> no NFS magic at all, actually.  i've even tried
> putting the journals in
> box1:/tmp/foo, box2:/tmp/bar, box3:/tmp/baz, etc.
>
> so, each journal is a different directory, in that it
> resides on a different machine.
> it just seems weird that i can start box[1], then
> box[2], but box[3] fails due to the aforementioned
> issues.
> any other suggestions?

Yes - see the other scenario in the FAQ...
http://goopen.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/Journal+is+already+opened+by+this+application

basically the only way this exception occurs is if another process
locks the file or you start two brokers.  So I suspect you are
actually running 2 brokers in a JVM - where you start a JMS connection
using the vm:// connector before  you have initialised the broker you
intended to, thus causing 2 brokers to start. So any chance you are
creating a JMS connection before your broker?

--

James
-------