activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get Queue message count in 4.0
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 15:45:24 GMT
On 5/5/06, Adrian Tarau <ady@daxtechnologies.com> wrote:
> Well I just compiled what you just told me, there are statistics. This
> wouldn't help me.

Huh? Look at all the methods on Destination...

http://activemq.codehaus.org/maven/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/broker/region/Destination.html

e.g. getQueueSize()

> What I need is, after the application starts to see how many messages
> are in the persistence related with a queue name

See above

> , so a plain SQL on the
> messages table with a filter should give me what I want.

No it won't as that is stale for long periods of time - since we write
to the journal then only at checkpoint do we update the database; so
the database is generally stale most of the time.

--

James
-------