activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up ActiveMQ using java1.5 and ActiveMQ4.0RC2
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 07:35:59 GMT
On 5/5/06, osian <osian@osian.me.uk> wrote:
> I do get a lot of errors on the broker with regards to writting messages to
> the journal, i.e. duplicate primary keys.

This is most strange. You are using a separate database for each broker?

> It also seems to process some
> messages twice (which isn't good). I will try running it with just one
> broker and let you know how I get on, but I will need to run it with
> multiple brokers due to the fact that I will be publishing millions or
> messages through the broker in a very short period of time.

FWIW one broker can handle millions of messages in a short space of
time, particularly if you are using lots of concurrent producers and
consumers (or you enable async sending on producers).

My recommendation to try 1 broker first was to check your software and
the configuration is working fine before you complicate matters with
networks or master/slave etc.

> What information should I be looking for in the JMX console?

The size of queues and state of clients etc.

> Also, is it
> possible to make the broker log to a file instead of the console? at least
> then I can capture all of the information for you.

We use commons-logging, so you can change the log4j.properties file to
log to a file or console or both.

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html
--

James