activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Special Topic/Queue...
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 17:35:55 GMT
Could you describe your requirements a little more just to check I
understand. You basically want a topic which always sends 1 message to every
consumer when they start subscribing and this message changes over time
right? When the message changes is it sent to all consumers active, or is it
just sent to new subscribers?

You could go with durable subscribers; but then that means all messages sent
to a topic are persisted until your consumer restarts. It seems like you
just want 'the last one' available to new consumers?

So maybe using a Subscription Recovery Policy might be cleaner...

so that you can decide what message is sent to new consumers using a cached
'last image' that is sent when new consumers start; then you just send a
message to everyone when this 'last image' changes?