activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A few redelivery questions
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 17:02:55 GMT
On 5/1/06, Litton, Tom - CEPM <Tom.Litton@cepm-us.com> wrote:
> I have a few questions about how messages get redelivered. I'm using an embedded broker
(in tomcat).  The version is 4.0 RC3.

> 1.  How do you configure the redelivery delay for all queues.  Right now i have the configuration:
>     <destinationPolicy>
>       <policyMap>
>         <policyEntries>
>           <policyEntry queue="*">
>             <redeliveryPolicy initialRedeliveryDelay="10000" useExponentialBackOff="true"
backOffMultiplier="5" maximumRedeliveries="5" />

BTW I've just checked the source code - AFAIK the redelivery policy is
not used on the server side - its purely on the client side - so this
entry will be ignored.

(we should really generate a warning if there are XML elements ignored
in XBean).

Your best bet to configure the redelivery policy is via the
ActiveMQConnectionFactory...
http://www.activemq.org/Message+Redelivery+and+DLQ+Handling

Unless you are using Jencks/MDPs
http://www.activemq.org/Resource+Adapter+Properties