activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: creating topics dynamically
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 14:01:54 GMT
On 5/2/06, delasoul <michael.hampel@gmx.at> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have a use case where I have to create topics and listeners dynamically.

ActiveMQ already creates topics lazily if they don't exist; so just
publish messages to any topic you like and ActiveMQ will do the work
of creating a new topic if one is required.

> Therefore I would like to find out if a specific topic already exists and if
> consumer is already subscribed for this topic.

You can watch the ActiveMQ advisory messages
http://activemq.org/Advisory+Message

or query a broker's MBeans to see the topics and consumers available.
http://activemq.org/JMX

> Is this possible somehow?

Could you explain your use case in a bit more detai for needing to
know if there is a consumer already on a topic?

BTW you know you can have consumers subscribe to ">" which will
consume all messages on all topics? There doesn't have to be a 1-1
relationship with topics and consumers if you don't want.

--

James
-------