activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Launching ActiveMQ (3) - successfull launch but warnings from log4j
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 07:15:57 GMT
On 5/2/06, lololo <lbonansea@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well, after multiple attemps and the (better) detailed info on
> http://activemq.org/Xml+Configuration, I successfully launched the broker
> with activemq-4.0-M4.

Could you try upgrading to a much more recent release like 4.0-RC3 and
see if you can start ActiveMQ without any issues?

> For others who could like me spend some time, here is how I launch the
> broker:
> 1) I launch from ACTIVEMQ_HOME\bin and not from ACTIVEMQ_HOME
> 2) I launch 1 single command line and not the activemq.bat
> 3) The command line is so: ACTIVEMQ_HOME\bin>activemq
> xbean:file:../conf/activemq.xml
>
> I get on the screen:
> (org.apache.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionReader).
> Created MBeanServer with ID: 5c7734:10af251f308:-8000:Alicia:1

Those warnings are because the activemq script does not seem to be
adding ../conf to the classpath so the log4j.properties is not being
used as part of the initialization.

--

James
-------