activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Client: XXX already connected bug
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 09:27:48 GMT
I've tried this test case against SVN HEAD and it works perfectly for me.

The strack trace you got is only ever created when a broker receives a
start connection with a clientID which is already connected to the
broker (as it is against the JMS spec to allow 2 clients with the same
ID to be connected at once).

The test case you supply only creates one connection and does not
specify a clientID (so we auto-generate a unique one for each
connection). So I doubt its possible for this test case to fail - I
suspect its something else really causing your problem with Spring.

e.g. is your spring code trying to create 2 connections with the same
client ID? Does the spring code specify a clientID (via
Connection.setClientID())?

On 4/28/06, Craig Day <craig_day@jdv.com> wrote:
> [...]
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConn
> ection.java:62)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onCommand(ResponseCorre
> lator.java:93)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand(TransportFilter.
> java:70)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(WireFormatN
> egotiator.java:114)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand(InactivityMoni
> tor.java:122)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSuppor
> t.java:87)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:139
> )
>
> I have extrapolated the sequence of calls that
> DefaultMessageListenerContainer is making and managed to produce a
> simple test case that reproduces the problem:
>
> import junit.framework.TestCase;
> import org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory;
> import org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue;
>
> import javax.jms.*;
>
> public class TestActiveMQ extends TestCase {
>
>     public void testConnectionFactory() throws Exception {
>         final ActiveMQConnectionFactory cf = new
> ActiveMQConnectionFactory("tcp://localhost:61616");
>         final ActiveMQQueue queue = new ActiveMQQueue("testqueue");
>         final Connection conn = cf.createConnection();
>
>         Runnable r = new Runnable() {
>             public void run() {
>                 try {
>                     Session session = conn.createSession(false, 1);
>                     MessageConsumer consumer =
> session.createConsumer(queue, null);
>                     Message msg = consumer.receive(1000);
>                 } catch (JMSException e) {
>                     e.printStackTrace();
>                 }
>             }
>         };
>         new Thread(r).start();
>         conn.start();
>
>         try {
>             synchronized (this) {
>                 wait(3000);
>             }
>         } catch (InterruptedException e) {
>             e.printStackTrace();
>         }
>     }
> }
>
> Let us know if you need anymore information. Dont want to scrub ActiveMQ
> from my list of candidates If I can help it.
>
> cheers
> craig
>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only for the use
of the person to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying or dealing in any way
whatsoever with this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please reply to us immediately and delete the document.
> It is the recipient's duty to virus-scan and otherwise test the enclosed information
before using the information or loading attached files onto any computer system. JDV Limited
does not warrant that the information contained in this e-mail is free from viruses, defects,
errors, interception or interference.
> JDV Limited, and each of its related companies each reserve the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where
that sender specifically states them to be the views of JDV Limited.
> Your private information is only used and disclosed for the intention which you have
provided it for. This information is not disclosed or used unless your consent has been provided
or in the case that JDV Limited is permitted to do so under the Privacy Act of 1988.

--

James
-------