activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Problem with No Subscriber Advisory Topic
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 17:15:58 GMT
If you don't trust your own counters just use the ConsumerEventSource,
it provides a reliable count for you.  If you want to have some
timeout condition, you could do your own client side timeout.  There
are lots of ways to do this, but a recent idea to help with this is
beanflow, see:
http://servicemix.org/site/beanflow.html
It supports adding simple workflow style timeouts.

On 5/24/06, himmeric <himmeric@vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Thanks I was considering that, but didn't trust the integrity of my own
> internal counter.  Since shutting down a producer when there are still
> consumers would be very bad.
>
> For now I'm using the command line query tool to check for periodic
> ConsumerCount=0.
>
> Maybe a better approach would be to use the ConsumerListener class for an
> internal counter with a periodic sanity check using command line tool to
> make sure I didnt shut down something I hadn't.
>
> This could probably be done with JMX too, but I got lost pretty quickly in
> that (new to jmx).
>
> I opened a feature request here:
> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-723
> --