activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Problem with No Subscriber Advisory Topic
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 23:09:45 GMT
Himmeric,

The consumer advisory topic will let you know when consumer come
online and also offline.  You could maintain a reference counter and
when it dops to zero, you would know there no active consumers on the
topic.

The message sent on the topic when a consumer goes offline is of type
RemoveInfo.

On 5/24/06, himmeric <himmeric@vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Oh so I misunderstood altoghether the purpose of the topic, come to think of
> it I didn't read anything on it just took a leap of faith when I saw the
> name.
>
> Thanks for checking it out and setting me straight.
>
> I'll open an enhancement request to receive an advisory message when the
> last subscriber leaves a topic.
> --

Regards,
Hiram