activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Litton, Tom - CEPM" <Tom.Lit...@cepm-us.com>
Subject A few redelivery questions
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 20:48:15 GMT
I have a few questions about how messages get redelivered. I'm using an embedded broker (in
tomcat).  The version is 4.0 RC3.

1.  How do you configure the redelivery delay for all queues.  Right now i have the configuration:
    <destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap>
        <policyEntries>
          <policyEntry queue="*">
            <redeliveryPolicy initialRedeliveryDelay="10000" useExponentialBackOff="true"
backOffMultiplier="5" maximumRedeliveries="5" />
          </policyEntry>

        </policyEntries>
      </policyMap>
    </destinationPolicy>

But it seems to have no effect.  The redelivery delay is still 1 second.  Should I specify
">" or "*.>" for all queues?  I'm setting the XML file location using the property brokerXmlConfig
and calling the method ActiveMQConnectionFactory.setProperties.  Does this still work in 4.0?
 It looks like this is how ActiveMQInitialContextFactory creates it's connections, so i assume
so.

2.  The redelivery policy seems to take effect on calls to Session.recover and Session.rollback.
 What happens to the unacknowledged messages if neither of those methods get called?  Will
they ever get redelivered before the broker is restarted?

3.  It looks like the back off multiplier isn't taking effect.  I printed out some debug data
and here is what i got:
Redeliverying message after delay 1000
Rollback counter: 5
Init delay: 1000
back off multi: 5

After the 5th rollback, the delay is still the same as the initial delay (1000).  I'm still
debugging this, so I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tom

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients named
herein.  If the reader of this transmission is not the intended
transmission in error, and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender and return and delete the original transmission immediately.
Thank you.