activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Litton, Tom - CEPM" <Tom.Lit...@cepm-us.com>
Subject RE: NPE when closing
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 14:29:15 GMT
Sorry, i should have mentioned it before.  I'm using the 4.0 RC3 release.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james.strachan@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 3:57 AM
To: activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: NPE when closing

Which version are you using? FWIW you don't need to configure the VM
transport in the activemq.xml - not that this is the cause of your
problem.

On 4/28/06, Litton, Tom - CEPM <Tom.Litton@cepm-us.com> wrote:
> I'm running a broker embedded in a tomcat server.  I'm getting a NullPointerException
when the server is shut down.

> The exception stack trace is:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnect
> ion.java:1137)
>         at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.close(ActiveMQConnection.java:
> 540)
>
> The transport class is org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransportServer$1  It looks
like the VM transport server never responds to the request to shutdown.  The call to Transport.request
times out and returns null.

> Has anyone seen this problem before?  Is it a problem with the way i'm setting up the
VM transport?

--

James
-------