activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <Jason.Dil...@paybytouch.com>
Subject Master/Slave question
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 01:35:18 GMT
In a Master/Slave configuration, if my master goes down, I see that
the Slave notices and starts accepting connections.

But if I start up the Master again, I notice that the slave does not
transfer control back to the master.

If for some reason my Master node goes down, clients are configured
to failover: to the client, and then operations restarts the
master... do I now have to restart all clients to get them back on
the master node, then restart the slave node to reestablish the
master/slave configuration?

Ideally, I'd like if the master failed (say machine died due to power
loss or something), that the slave would take over until it realized
that the master was back on-line then resumed being a slave...
redirecting clients back to the master after it has synchronized up
the state between the two.

Is anything like this possible?

--jason
This email and any attachment(s) thereto, are intended for the use of
the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and or
confidential information under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachment(s)
thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender at 415-281-2200 or via return e-mail at
postmaster@paybytouch.com and permanently delete the original copy and
any copy of any e-mail, and any printout thereof. Thank you for your
cooperation.