activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jason Dillon" <Jason.Dil...@paybytouch.com>
Subject RE: WARN MulticastDiscoveryAgent - brokerName not set ?
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 08:46:09 GMT
Okay.  Thanks for the clarification.  Maybe I drank to much already, but:

    new URI("foo://broker_1");

and:

    new URL("foo://jason@foo#1");

are both valid URI instances.

So I am a little confused why broker_1 is bad.

Anyways, while I'd like to understand the constraints for broker names, I'd like to know why
the MulticastDiscoveryAgent thinks that broker's name was not set.

Am I missing an attribute somewhere?

--jason


-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james.strachan@gmail.com]
Sent: Thu 5/4/2006 12:37 AM
To: activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: WARN MulticastDiscoveryAgent - brokerName not set ?
 
We use URI syntax so whatever this JavaDoc says goes - along with RFC 2396
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/net/URI.html

On 5/4/06, Jason Dillon <Jason.Dillon@paybytouch.com> wrote:
>
> Why is broker_1 bad?  I can name my host broker_1 (just tried adding an
> entry to /etc/hosts).
>
> Sorry, not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand... :-\
>
> --jason
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: chirino@gmail.com on behalf of Hiram Chirino
> Sent: Wed 5/3/2006 10:00 PM
> To: activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
> Subject: Re: WARN MulticastDiscoveryAgent - brokerName not set ?
>
> oh but it does not need to match the hostname of the machine.  so
> broker1 broker2 are fine broker names but broker_1 is a bad one.
>
> On 5/4/06, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> > It because we will use the broker name in the hostname part of URLs
> > like vm://brokername
> > etc.
> >
> > On 5/4/06, Jason Dillon <Jason.Dillon@paybytouch.com> wrote:
> > > If I set <broker brokerName="localhost" ...> or any other valid
> hostname lie "myhost", I still see the WARN from MulticastDiscoveryAgent.
> > >
> > > Why must the brokerName be a valid hostname?  What if I have multipule
> brokers on the same host?
> > >
> > > --jason
> > >
> > >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: chirino@gmail.com on behalf of Hiram Chirino
> > > Sent: Wed 5/3/2006 9:20 PM
> > > To: activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
> > > Subject: Re: WARN MulticastDiscoveryAgent - brokerName not set ?
> > >
> > > I don't think that's valid URI hostname.  We need better validation
> > > for these kinds of settings but the broker name must also be a valid
> > > host name that you can put in a URI.
> > >
> > > On 5/1/06, Jason Dillon <Jason.Dillon@paybytouch.com> wrote:
> > > > Why does ActiveMQ spit this warning out:
> > > >
> > > > <snip>
> > > > WARN  MulticastDiscoveryAgent        - brokerName not set
> > > > </snip>
> > > >
> > > > I do believe that my broker name is set:
> > > >
> > > > <snip>
> > > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > > >
> > > > <beans xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
> > > >
> > > >      <bean
> > > > class="
> org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfi
> > > > gurer">
> > > >          <property name="systemPropertiesModeName"
> > > > value="SYSTEM_PROPERTIES_MODE_OVERRIDE"/>
> > > >      </bean>
> > > >
> > > >      <broker brokerName="jason@sanity#1" useJmx="true">
> > > >
> > > >          <managementContext>
> > > >              <managementContext connectorPort="1099"
> > > > jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
> > > >          </managementContext>
> > > >
> > > >          <persistenceAdapter>
> > > >              <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="$
> > > > {activemq.home}/var/data"/>
> > > >          </persistenceAdapter>
> > > >
> > > >          <transportConnectors>
> > > >              <transportConnector name="default"
> uri="tcp://localhost:
> > > > 61616" discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
> > > >          </transportConnectors>
> > > >
> > > >          <networkConnectors>
> > > >              <networkConnector name="default" uri="multicast://
> > > > default" failover="true"/>
> > > >          </networkConnectors>
> > > >
> > > >      </broker>
> > > >
> > > > </beans>
> > > > </snip>
> > > >
> > > > Broker name should be "jason@sanity#1".
> > > >
> > > > Why does ActiveMQ think that it is not set?
> > > >
> > > > --jason
> > > > This email and any attachment(s) thereto, are intended for the use
> of
> > > > the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and
> or
> > > > confidential information under applicable law. If you are not the
> > > > intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any
> > > > dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any
> attachment(s)
> > > > thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> communication
> > > > in error, please notify the sender at 415-281-2200 or via return
> e-mail at
> > > > postmaster@paybytouch.com and permanently delete the original copy
> and
> > > > any copy of any e-mail, and any printout thereof. Thank you for your
> > > > cooperation.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Hiram
> > >
> > > This email and any attachment(s) thereto, are intended for the use of
> > > the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and
> or
> > > confidential information under applicable law. If you are not the
> > > intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any
> > > dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any
> attachment(s)
> > > thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> communication
> > > in error, please notify the sender at 415-281-2200 or via return
> e-mail at
> > > postmaster@paybytouch.com and permanently delete the original copy and
> > > any copy of any e-mail, and any printout thereof. Thank you for your
> > > cooperation.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hiram
> >
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> This email and any attachment(s) thereto, are intended for the use of
> the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and or
> confidential information under applicable law. If you are not the
> intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any
> dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any
> attachment(s)
> thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
> in error, please notify the sender at 415-281-2200 or via return e-mail at
> postmaster@paybytouch.com and permanently delete the original copy and
> any copy of any e-mail, and any printout thereof. Thank you for your
> cooperation.
>
>


--

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

This email and any attachment(s) thereto, are intended for the use of
the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and or
confidential information under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachment(s)
thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender at 415-281-2200 or via return e-mail at
postmaster@paybytouch.com and permanently delete the original copy and 
any copy of any e-mail, and any printout thereof. Thank you for your 
cooperation.


Mime
View raw message