activemq-users mailing list archives

From "massive.boisson" <massive.bois...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: embedded broker and in VM protocol
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 23:14:16 GMT

Thanks for the answer. A lot.

This is what I did and it works (for the benefit of future users).
(I guess docs say as much.)

Broker started from code, url set to tcp://localhost:61616, name to
myBroker.
In the same JVM a producer and consumer with connection urls vm://myBroker.
(it wouldn't work if I specified vm://localhost:61616. i'd get:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: MalformedObjectNameException).

In another JVM producer and consumer with connection urls
tcp://localhost:61616.

It all works as I expect it.

I guess the only other thing that I dont understand is why do I need to set
transport scheme (tcp://) when specifying broker url. But I'd say this is
relatively minor.

Again, thanks a lot.

--MB