activemq-users mailing list archives

From skarthik <karthik.sethura...@necam.com>
Subject Re: 4.0 Consumer OutOfMemoryError bug?
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 16:25:17 GMT

Hi James,

Well I read the information on prefetch limit (the link you specified) and
iIMHO I don't believe that is the issue.

First, I lowered the rate of messages published to 1 per second and I still
see the heap size growing at the same rate (per KB of messages received) and
it eventually hits the OutOfMemoryError. There is only one publisher and one
consumer connected the JMS server.

Second my consumer is a test program and is very fast. All it does is
display the messages received. Also the log time of the published messages
(logged by producer before publish) and received messages (logged by
consumer after received) are the same (down to the last millisecond).

I do feel there maybe a critical memory leak somewhere. Also as I mentioned
in my previous post, the RC2 build does not have this problem.

thanks
karthik