activemq-users mailing list archives

From jordan woerndle <jdg...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: neural net using topics?
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 15:34:57 GMT

Thank you for the suggestions.

I was able to speed things up significantly by setting the asyncDispatch and
useAsyncSend properties.  Using the vm: transport also sped it up quite a
bit.  Thank you!

Is this strange? when I use the vm: transport and set marshal to false it
slows down a bit.  I would have guessed it would be faster to not marshal
the objects.  hmmm..

I took another look at my design and realized I am bursting messages... That
is, about every 28ms I ask each filter to fire which throws a ton of
messages at the broker. Would it be more efficent to send a steady stream of
messages rather than bursts?

Thank you very much,
Jordan