activemq-users mailing list archives

From skarthik <karthik.sethura...@necam.com>
Subject Re: 4.0 Consumer OutOfMemoryError bug?
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 14:22:50 GMT

Only the consumer JVM (JDK 1.5) runs out of memory. I am using the default
JVM heap sizes which I think is 64MB.

 But I put some logging statements in the consumer code to display memory
statistics after receiving every message (using Runtime.maxMemory(),
Runtime.totalMemory() and Runtime.freeMemory()). I see that max memory is
64MB and the total memory used slowly creeps up to that max mark and then
encounters the OutOfMemoryError.

 Also I am using a non-durable subscriber, and am using subscriber.receive
() with timeout to pull the messages from the Topic (NOT using
MessageListener interface). Also the TopicSessions used are non-transacted
with Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE mode.

Hope this helps.
karthik