activemq-users mailing list archives

From skarthik <karthik.sethura...@necam.com>
Subject 4.0 Consumer OutOfMemoryError bug?
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 22:42:31 GMT

Hi,

I am using the latest activemq-4.0 (downloaded today 5/30/2006) The
following problem exists in activemq-4.0 downloaded on 5/8/2006 as well, but
NOT in RC2.

The setup includes one activemq server, one simple producer process and one
simple consumer process. After the consumer receives around 64MB of messages
(6200 10KB messages or 998 64KB messages or 634 100KB messages), it throws
the following error on its console

Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///143.102.32.173:8000"

The producer publishes the messages at a rate of 10 messages per second on a
Topic using DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT. The test programs are very simple and
only just log the messages sent and recieved. So they should not have any
memory leaks. The JMS server uses default configuration (persistent broker)

Is there any configuration that needs to be specified to eliminate this
problem? Like I mentioned at the start, the exact same test code works fine
with RC2 version (which was verified/re-tested today).

thanks
karthik