activemq-users mailing list archives

From Danielius Jurna <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ and failover
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 12:36:48 GMT

I think the error handling in AbstractConnection has some design flaws.
Before performing any operation on the broker (addConsumer, addDestination),
the state of the conenction is checked. But during that operation async
error can occure (write error, read error and seems registerMBean exception)
and connection is removed. But in AbstractConnection this condition is not
checked and consumer or producer is added to SessionState and broker.
In unreliable network queues and Subscriptions sometimes become
non-functional. Sometimes it is not possible to subscribe to existing queue
(cannot register MBean exceptions are most often seen - but I think this is
a consequence, not the cause). And you need to restart the broker.
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message