activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kim Pepper <...@pepper.id.au>
Subject consumers stop when queue is full
Date Sun, 28 May 2006 23:01:54 GMT

We have been having some major issue with activemq (both 3.2 and 4.0
versions) in our production environment. We have consumers which can take
between approx 5-120 secs to process a message. When the queue is reasonably
empty, the messages are consumed in at a good rate.

The messages are produced quicker than they can be consumed, and the quick
fills over a couple of hours.

When we configured activemq to be non-persistent, the queue fills and the
producers are blocked. I assume this is the default strategy of the
non-persistent in-memory queue.

However, the consumers also seem to stop consuming messages. The end result
is there are no more messages being consumed.  The load on the servers is
less than 1% and there is plenty of free cpu, memory and disk space.

I would love to hear from anyone who has had experience with activemq in a
production environment to do with configuring activemq.

We are getting quite desperate, and have starting developing a solution in
xmpp (jabber) as a work-around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kim