activemq-users mailing list archives

From jamescowan <cow...@freenet.co.uk>
Subject memory usage in activemq4 release version
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 16:33:53 GMT

 I have just upgraded from activemq4 RC2 to activemq4 and noticed that memory
usage has increased a lot.

I am sending topic messages continuously and with RC2 memory usage is stable
at around 60MB. When I switch to the release version (no change to user
code) it uses far more memory; after 15 minutes it uses approximately 150MB
but does seem to remain stable at this level.

I am just using task manager to look at the process. If anyone can recommend
an (open source) memory analyser I would be happy to investigate in more
detail where the leak is.

James Cowan