activemq-users mailing list archives

From Charlesliu <chibiao....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help to enable a JMS MDB to receive messages from a STOMP publi
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 15:35:13 GMT

Thank you for the responses:

For the Broker, I use the latest version of activemq as the following:
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0/maven1/incubator-activemq/distributions/incubator-activemq-4.0.tar.gz

(1)The broker is running with default configuration as “activemq.xml”.

(2) For the JMS clients, I first test those examples inside the folder of
“/opt/incubator-activemq-4.0/example”:
start “ant consumer” in one terminal,
start “ant producer” in another terminal,
Both consumer and producer, using default build.xml for compilation and
running, testing is successful. Both JMS clients listen on TCP:61616
I modified build.xml to make JMS consumer and producer listen on a topic or
a queue, both work successfully.

(3) For CMS-STOMP, I used the package from the following:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/cms

I compiled and tested the default “main.cpp” inside the “cms\test” folder,
it was successful. Then, I split “main.cpp” into one STOMP subscriber and
one STOMP producer, and test both of them against above ActiveMQ. The
testing was successful too.
Both STOMP subscriber and STOMP publisher listens on TCP:61613.

(4) Then, I tried to make a JMS consumer receive messages from a STOMP
publisher on either TCP:61616 or TCP:61613, the test was NOT successful, the
JMS consumer receives nothing.

At first, the JMS consumer listened on a “queue”, then, I changed the
“build.xml” to make the JMS consumer listen on a topic. Under these two
scenarios, the JMS consumer cannot receive any message published by the
STOMP publisher.

Any suggestions from you would be highly appreciated.