activemq-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Co <>
Subject Re: Problem with No Subscriber Advisory Topic
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 03:45:05 GMT

Could you try setting this flag in your destination policy:

          <policyEntry topic="TEST.FOO" sendAdvisoryIfNoConsumers="true">
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
              <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy />

Let me know if that fixes your problem. :)

Adrian Co

himmeric wrote:
> I forgot to mention I'm using a wildcard to setup my
> getConsumerAdvisoryTopic, which seems to work fine.   "topic.>" and I
> receive advisory messages on all subtopics.
> Since I'm having a problem with the no consumers advisrory I tried that
> with a wildcard "topic.>" and also as individual consumers when the topic
> is created, "topic.subtopicA"  neither seem to receive messages when there
> are no consumers left.
> I'm thinking that the wildcard approach should work for the no consumer
> advisory as well, since the advisory topics appear to be just normal
> topics.
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message