activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher G. Stach II" <...@ldsys.net>
Subject Re: rollbacks not working (4.0RC3)
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 22:18:16 GMT
James Strachan wrote:
> On 5/19/06, John Pederzolli <jpederzolli@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What (if any) JCA container are you using?
>>
>> I had issues very similar to this until I switched from Jencks 1.1.3 to
>> Spring 2.0's JMS listener implementation.
>
> FWIW Spring 2.0 is not a JCA container nor does it reuse the JCA
> Resource Adapters of JMS providers. So if it works in Spring 2.0 it
> means it could be Jencks or an issue with ActiveMQ's Resource Adapter.

After a bunch of mucking around, DefaultMessageListenerContainer works
for a simple, successful transaction.  However, it turned out that it
wasn't enlisting the JMS connection in the XA transaction.  It didn't
work during a deadlock and rollback.  I was still using the AMQ RA via
ActiveMQManagedConnectionFactory and
org.springframework.jca.support.LocalConnectionFactoryBean, the same as
with Jencks.  Either Spring is broken, or there's some magical way to
wire it up.

I upgraded to Jencks 1.1.3 from 1.1.1.  Now it at least delivers a
message and the transaction can commit properly, but still doesn't
rollback properly.

--
Christopher G. Stach II