activemq-users mailing list archives

From himmeric <himme...@vnet.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Special Topic/Queue...
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 23:02:47 GMT

I'm having a problem with the LastImageRecoveryPolicy too.

I've set the policy in my xml config

        <policyMap>
                <policyEntries>
                        <policyEntry topic="status.>">
                                <dispatchPolicy>
                                        <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
                                </dispatchPolicy>
                                <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                                        <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy
/>
                                </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                        </policyEntry>
                </policyEntries>
        </policyMap>

That is any topic starting with status. should use the last image policy.

My consumers are using retroactive=true

The behavior is a little strange.  It appears if there are two subtopics
that rather than getting the latest message on each subtopic I receive the
last message on either topic TWICE.  I was expecting to receive the last
message on each subtopic ONCE.

It appears it's working somewhat in that a new consumer doesn't receive all
the messages on the topic,  so if there are two subtopics with 6 messages on
each, a new consumer will receive the latest message on either topic twice.
I'll add more topics and ensure the messages are indeed indetical (ids).

The example here shows a config with wildcards so I presume it should work.

Thanks for all the help