activemq-users mailing list archives

From kitplummer <kitplum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Special Topic/Queue...
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 17:19:53 GMT

Hey,

So, I've got a configuration file...that I'm loading programmatically.  I
think it is working...at a minimum I see the assigned broker name.  But,
I've not been able to exercise the lastImage policy correctly.

Here's what I'm doing.

1.  Start the broker.
2.  Start the producer; Create the producer connection/session
3.  Publishthe message to the eMAF.LI.MCStatus topic
4.  Disconnect the producer
5.  Start the consumer; Create the consumer connection/session
6.  Consume on eMAF.LI.MCStatus

I never get a message.  Am I wrong in my understanding of the lastImage
policy that it should send the consumer the last available message from that
particuler topic?

Any ideas?

Here's the config:

<beans xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
  <broker brokerName="eMAF.Broker" useJmx="false">
	<!-- In ActiveMQ 4, you can setup destination policies -->
    <destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap><policyEntries>

          <policyEntry topic="eMAF.LI.MCStatus">
            <dispatchPolicy>
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
            </dispatchPolicy>
            <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
              <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy />
            </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
          </policyEntry>

      </policyEntries></policyMap>
    </destinationPolicy>

    <persistenceAdapter>
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="../activemq-data"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>

    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector name="default" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
      <networkConnector name="default" uri="multicast://default"/>
    </networkConnectors>

  </broker>

</beans>

TIA,