activemq-users mailing list archives

From chris24 <>
Subject Design Question
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 16:29:15 GMT

    I have posted a few messages and recieved great answers. I have a
question relating to if I should use Active MQ standalone or an ESB like
ServiceMix. My situation is that various clients writen in various languages
all need to pass messages to each other using the publish subscribe model.
These clients use web services to pass SOAP calls to a homegrown broker. The
broker publishes new information to subscribers using a web service call to
a listener the subscriber passes in when they subscribe. We want to replace
the broker with Active MQ. Can I get this behavior with MQ alone? The idea
is that we could just change the broker clients our services use to interact
with the new broker. Thoughts I have had:
1: Wrap active mq with something that knows how to make recieve web service
SOAP calls.
2. Use a mix of BC, Active MQ, and SE with Service Mix to get the behavior.
3. Something else???

Can you pros help a rookie out :) Thanks,
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message