activemq-users mailing list archives

From PHW <peter.wa...@traderteam.co.uk>
Subject ActiveMQ and C#.NET (again)
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 09:42:51 GMT

All,

I am testing ActiveMQ for use in a mixed Java and C# environment. I have
been able (with help) to send messages using a Java producer and a C#
consumer using the Openwire dotNet client.

Unfortunately after a while the C# consumer breaks down with

ERROR: Transport Exception: System.IO.IOException: Unknown data type: 51
   at
ActiveMQ.OpenWire.OpenWireFormat.LooseUnmarshalNestedObject(BinaryReader d
is) in C:\Documents and Settings\peter.walls\My
Documents\activemq-dotnet\src\ma
in\csharp\ActiveMQ\OpenWire\OpenWireFormat.cs:line 267

(complete error given below)

I am using the latest checkout of the dotNet client, compiled is VS2005 and
incubator-activemq dated 5/4/06. They are running on (different) W2K
machines. I have tried durable and non-durable messages and I am using
asynchronous message receipt.

Has anyone else seen these problems? Is there a HOW-TO on the dotNet client
that I have missed?

Thanks,
Peter

---
Full error

ERROR: Transport Exception: System.IO.IOException: Unknown data type: 51
   at
ActiveMQ.OpenWire.OpenWireFormat.LooseUnmarshalNestedObject(BinaryReader d
is) in C:\Documents and Settings\peter.walls\My
Documents\activemq-dotnet\src\ma
in\csharp\ActiveMQ\OpenWire\OpenWireFormat.cs:line 267
   at
ActiveMQ.OpenWire.BaseDataStreamMarshaller.LooseUnmarshalCachedObject(Open
WireFormat wireFormat, BinaryReader dataIn) in C:\Documents and
Settings\peter.w
alls\My
Documents\activemq-dotnet\src\main\csharp\ActiveMQ\OpenWire\BaseDataStre
amMarshaller.cs:line 521
   at ActiveMQ.OpenWire.V1.MessageMarshaller.LooseUnmarshal(OpenWireFormat
wireF
ormat, Object o, BinaryReader dataIn) in C:\Documents and
Settings\peter.walls\M
Documents\activemq-dotnet\src\main\csharp\ActiveMQ\OpenWire\V1\MessageMarshall
er.cs:line 172
   at
ActiveMQ.OpenWire.V1.ActiveMQMessageMarshaller.LooseUnmarshal(OpenWireForm
at wireFormat, Object o, BinaryReader dataIn) in C:\Documents and
Settings\peter
.walls\My
Documents\activemq-dotnet\src\main\csharp\ActiveMQ\OpenWire\V1\ActiveM
QMessageMarshaller.cs:line 97
   at
ActiveMQ.OpenWire.V1.ActiveMQTextMessageMarshaller.LooseUnmarshal(OpenWire
Format wireFormat, Object o, BinaryReader dataIn) in C:\Documents and
Settings\p
eter.walls\My
Documents\activemq-dotnet\src\main\csharp\ActiveMQ\OpenWire\V1\Act
iveMQTextMessageMarshaller.cs:line 84
   at
ActiveMQ.OpenWire.OpenWireFormat.LooseUnmarshalNestedObject(BinaryReader d
is) in C:\Documents and Settings\peter.walls\My
Documents\activemq-dotnet\src\ma
in\csharp\ActiveMQ\OpenWire\OpenWireFormat.cs:line 269
   at
ActiveMQ.OpenWire.BaseDataStreamMarshaller.LooseUnmarshalNestedObject(Open
WireFormat wireFormat, BinaryReader dataIn) in C:\Documents and
Settings\peter.w
alls\My
Documents\activemq-dotnet\src\main\csharp\ActiveMQ\OpenWire\BaseDataStre
amMarshaller.cs:line 491
   at
ActiveMQ.OpenWire.V1.MessageDispatchMarshaller.LooseUnmarshal(OpenWireForm
at wireFormat, Object o, BinaryReader dataIn) in C:\Documents and
Settings\peter
.walls\My
Documents\activemq-dotnet\src\main\csharp\ActiveMQ\OpenWire\V1\Message
DispatchMarshaller.cs:line 104
   at ActiveMQ.OpenWire.OpenWireFormat.Unmarshal(BinaryReader dis) in
C:\Documen
ts and Settings\peter.walls\My
Documents\activemq-dotnet\src\main\csharp\ActiveM
Q\OpenWire\OpenWireFormat.cs:line 145
   at ActiveMQ.Transport.Tcp.TcpTransport.ReadLoop() in C:\Documents and
Setting
s\peter.walls\My
Documents\activemq-dotnet\src\main\csharp\ActiveMQ\Transport\Tc
p\TcpTransport.cs:line 117