activemq-users mailing list archives

From Azly <azly.na...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reclaiming of unused space (growing data dir)
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 11:26:53 GMT

Hi James,

Yes, I agree with you.  But this is a real life scenario .  Having multiple
clients using an application to create some requests that have to be
transmitted via a kind of gateway to an external system (n producers vs 1
consumers).

Is it possible to have a kind of doReclaimSpace procedure (like the
doDeleteOldMessage) that can be call using a configurable period ?  We could
configure it to run on nigth.  For derby Adapter, this procedure could call
the SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE on the message table.

Any others solutions to this problem ? I have to find a solution to this
problem before using AMQ in a production env.

Thanks