activemq-users mailing list archives

From Naby <user...@abwesend.de>
Subject Re: Ajax and multiple browser windows
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 11:00:21 GMT

> Just to be clear; do you want a kind of publish-subscribe across browser
> windows? i.e. each window all receives the same message?

Let me explain.
We have a room based application with a room based chat. A room can contain
multiple pages. It must be possible for us to see 2 (or more) pages in 2 (or
more) browser windows. The chat component is on each page and must receive
the same messages if the pages belong to the same room.

> We could certainly simulate different clients in each window.
> Though its probably better if we do the fan-out on the broker side.
> e.g. have a single window (hideen IFRAME
> etc) doing all the communication with the server and then notifying each
> visible window with the messages.

We had this before with an applet which does the communication for the
windows and we doesn't want an extra window now.
It should run on each page/window if possible.