activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kuppe <ku...@360t.com>
Subject Re: Create a broker with vm and tcp transport connectors
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 09:18:34 GMT

Thanks for the link james, but i had already reviewed this and many other
pages on your site, and did not manage to find a clear description as to how
this is done. Perhaps (obviously) i am missing something...

Ideally, i am interested in using the ActiveMQConnectionFactory to manage
the creation of the broker and all connections to it - I am assuming this is
in fact the purpose of this Administered factory. So i have a singleton that
is used to create the ActiveMQConnectionFactory and for globally getting
connections for clients.

In the broker VM i create the ActiveMQConnectionFactory with the following
url :
vm:(broker:(tcp://localhost:61616)?persistent=false&useJmx=false)?marshal=false.
I then create a client with a connection from the ActiveMQConnectionFactory.

In the remote VM i create the ActiveMQConnectionFactory with the following
url :
tcp://localhost:61616. I then create a client with a connection from the
ActiveMQConnectionFactory.

Can you firstly confirm that this is in fact the correct approach and that
my understanding so far is correct?

Thanks