activemq-users mailing list archives

From Attila_Szegedi <nabb...@szegedi.org>
Subject Re: Message prioritization
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 08:28:47 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> Not really - its actually quite trivial to do. Just create a small XML
> config file with Jencks and you can declaratively configure the sizes of
> thread pools and levels of concurrent consumption of each destination &
> selector to suit your priority needs - then you can define exactly how
> many
> concurrent threads will be used to process each slice of your traffic.
>
> http://jencks.org/Message+Driven+POJOs

Looks nice - actually, I wasn't aware of this stuff... I've been using a
homegrown framework of a "JmsServiceContainer" and "JmsService" for a year
and a half now, pretty similar to servlet container/servlet analogy, with
Spring factories for all of it, so I already have a rather good capabilities
for declarative setup of consumers. I might take a look at jencks regardless
though...

Thanks for all the thoughts.