activemq-users mailing list archives

From Attila_Szegedi <nabb...@szegedi.org>
Subject Message prioritization
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 18:12:18 GMT

What's the current state of the message priority support in ActiveMQ? It
looks to me like it was in there previously, but is gone again in 4.0 as
witnessed by AMQ-122 Jira issue... At least from my initial 2-hour analysis
of the latest SVN source code, it looks like there's no prioritization in
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue (am I looking in the right place at
all?) - it uses a LinkedList for messages.

I was wondering if this would be as easy as replacing the "LinkedList
messages" member of the Queue class with a PriorityQueue and have priority
stored in MessageReference objects and implement a Compator for the priority
queue on them with lexicographical comparison of (priority, message sequence
number). There's probably an additional gotcha with selector interaction
(AMQ-337) that I don't know where in the code should it be addressed...

So, my question boils down to: does ActiveMQ 4.0 support message
prioritization, and if not, how hard would it be to implement?