activemq-users mailing list archives

From Charles Anthony <charles.anth...@hpdsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Passing temporary topics on a message
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 11:08:34 GMT

On 5/3/06, Aleksi Kallio <aleksi.kallio@...> wrote:
> > Temporary topic names already are globally unique in ActiveMQ.
>
> Exactly, that's way I would like to use them.
>
> > How are
> > you converting from temporary topic to string and back again? Maybe
> > we've just gotta tweak that code a little to get your code to work.
>
> Relevant lines of code are...
>
> Topic marshalling:
>
> // to is instance of MapMessage
> to.setStringProperty(KEY_AUTHORISE_TO, authoriseTo);
>

> Unmarshalling:
>
> // from is instance of MapMessage
> authoriseTo = from.getStringProperty(KEY_AUTHORISE_TO);

Hi - not withstanding James's response, is there any reason why you have to
deal the name of the temporary topic, rather than the actual destination
itself ?

Destination authoriseTo = session.createTemporaryTopic();

to.setObjectProperty(KEY_AUTHORISE_TO, authoriseTo);

Destination authoriseTo = (Destination)
from.getObjectProperty(KEY_AUTHORISE_TO)

We pretty much do that (well, we pass the temporary queue in the
Message.replyTo attribute) and it all works fine.

Cheers,

Charles.