activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kalv <k...@kalv.co.uk>
Subject Re: Reclaiming of unused space (growing data dir)
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 10:59:23 GMT

I have been looking into the derby database backend a little because I let my
queue get to a vary large size of 2million and it's taking a while to start
up again.

But anyway forget that - You might want to read this page:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefaltertablecompress.html

It seems derby doesn't free up space from indexes and tables, a bit wierd
but it could be what's happening here.

Watch this command - it seems to copy your current db into new space or
something because my 18G grew to 34gb and then failed cause i ran out of
disk space !!

I don't know how activemq could call this though?