activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Meeraj Kunnumpurath" <M.Kunnumpur...@voca.com>
Subject RE: Transaction management using JOTM
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 15:22:57 GMT
Thanks.

We use JCA adaptor for JMS and proper XA driver for JDBC when running
inside a container. JOTM and XAPool are only for providing a JTA
environment for testing when running outside container.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher G. Stach II [mailto:cgs@ldsys.net]
Sent: 04 May 2006 16:19
To: activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Transaction management using JOTM

James Strachan wrote:
> Using JCA or an MDB container is probably the easiest thing to do. The

> simplest way to get going is probably to try out Jencks (which uses
> Geronimo's transaction manager) to start with then if you are really
> wedded to JOTM, replace the transaction manager.
>
> http://jencks.org/Message+Driven+POJOs
> http://jencks.org/Outbound+JMS
>
> On 5/4/06, Meeraj Kunnumpurath <M.Kunnumpurath@voca.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have got a standalone application that uses JOTM and XAPool for
>> transactional access to JDBC resources. I won't to enlist JMS
>> resources in ActiveMQ in the same transaction. Could someone please
>> give me some pointers on how to get the JMS sessions enlisted within
>> transactions managed by the JOTM transaction manager.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Meeraj

Don't use XAPool and use a real XA JDBC driver if you can.

--
Christopher G. Stach II

This message has been checked for all email viruses by MessageLabs.

    You can find us at www.voca.com

This communication is confidential and intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee only. You should
not disclose its contents to any other person.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender named above immediately.

Registered in England, No 1023742,
Registered Office: Voca Limited
Drake House, Three Rivers Court,
Homestead Road, Rickmansworth,
Hertfordshire, WD3 1FX

This message has been checked for all email viruses by MessageLabs.