activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul Tomsic <ptom...@yahoo.com>
Subject dataDirectory attrib isn't respected?
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 11:10:22 GMT
my startup xbeans file has an attribute for
dataDirectory on the broker line, but when i start up
activemq it not only makes me the directory i ask for,
but it also makes a "activemq-data" directory where
ever i started up activemq.   this doesn't seem right,
so i attached a debugger to the code src, and it seems
like it's starting two brokers within one vm.  the one
that i asked it for and an additional one.

my startup script is quite simple, it's actually
identical to the "multicast-broker1.xml" demo except i
add dataDirectory attribs.

how do i get it to respect my dataDirectory, and
additionally, how do i prevent the startup of this
additional vm://null broker?

thanks

here's my startup script:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<beans xmlns:amq="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">

    <amq:broker brokerName="a03"
dataDirectory="/tmp/mbus/03/A/journal"
persistent="false" useShutdownHook="false"
useJmx="false">
        <amq:transportConnectors>
            <amq:transportConnector
uri="tcp://localhost:0"