activemq-users mailing list archives

From reza aliakbary <r_aliakb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Controlling Number of Queue Consumers
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 10:22:45 GMT
Hello,

  Suppose this scenario: I have 10 queues in my application and I want to  consume their messages
asynchronously. I want to know whether

  1- it can slow down the server if I add alot of consumers to this  queues (event if they
are idle) or not(For example 50 for each  queue).

  2- What is your suggestion for adding consumers to the queues. Should I  add consumers at
start of application and leave them to consume  messages or I should manage them during the
life time of application,  for example removing idle consumers from the queues that are not
busy  for a long time and adding consumers to the queues that are busy.

  Best Regards,
  Reza

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries for just 2ยข/min with Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.