activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Gerdes, Mike" <Mike.Ger...@airbus.com>
Subject AW: Network of brokers
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 13:58:50 GMT

oh that was about what I meant, not exactly but close. I think we missunderstood each other
a bit. I meant the same as you, but only with the difference that the order of the host:port
pairs in the networkconnector doesn't matter. But here I might be totally wrong.
Anyway your way is saver to do it and should be in any case right.

cya

mike

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Javier Leyba [mailto:xleyba@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. Mai 2006 15:46
An: activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Network of brokers

On 5/10/06, Gerdes, Mike <Mike.Gerdes@airbus.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> hm from my knowledge your answer is incorrect or maybe I misunderstood you.
>
> You configure your local broker, your output and recieving broker with the transport
connector. Your network connector defines the brokers where you want to connect to. If you
have defined more then adress in your static attribute, then the broker will connect to all
of them.

> failover is similar to static, but with the difference that your broker will connect
to the first broker and when that one is not available it switches to the next and so on.

> I think the example at http://www.activemq.com/Static+Transport+Reference is a bit misleading,
because you connect there to your local broker as well as to a remote broker.

Ouch, may you didn't understood me.

Some time ago James told me this:

----------

Now the <networkConnector> is an outbound connection, a way for a broker to
talk to other brokers. So URIs used inside here will be used to create
client connections to other brokers. So for the network to be established,
there must be brokers out there listening (via the <transportConnector>) on
the URIs mentioned in the <networkConnector>
--------

Then, the first host:port that you pass as parameter in the network
connector is the host:port that you are configuring but with a port
number different from transport connector, and then you must declare
all the host you want to connect this broker to with their transport
ports.

This is what I've been trying to say...  :)

Javier Leyba
Barcelona - Spain
http://blog.leyba.com.ar

This mail has originated outside your organization, either from an external partner or the
Global Internet. Keep this in mind if you answer this message.