activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ajax
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 04:23:52 GMT
On 4/27/06, Christopher G. Stach II <cgs@ldsys.net> wrote:
> Naby wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > today i have 2 questions :)
> >
> > 1) The current source seems to be broken. During the run of the web demo i
> > get the following error:
> >
> > [INFO] Error building POM (may not be this project's POM).
> >
> > Project ID: incubator-activemq:activeio:pom:3.0-SNAPSHOT
> >
> > Reason: Cannot find parent: incubator-activemq:activemq for project:
> > incubator-activemq:activeio:pom:3.0-SNAPSHOT
> >
> > Can someone repair this?
>
> It seems that Maven 2 is not supported.  It's very unfortunate from a
> convenience standpoint.  I don't think any AMQ version works in M2.  It
> looks like you might need to add the Apache snapshot repository to your
> POM, though.

If you install maven 2.0.4 (and trashing your ~/.m2 directory helps)
then you can grab the latest code of ActiveMQ and from the activemq
directory type

mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true

and it does build; though the m2 still a little brittle and not as
stable as the m1 build.

There's instructions on using the Web Console (a little web app for
working with ActiveMQ) using the m2 build here
http://activemq.org/Web+Console

--

James
-------