activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using pool in ActiveMQ
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:45:45 GMT
On 4/26/06, reza aliakbary <r_aliakbary@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I see activemq has a pool package. I read the javadoc  but javadoc is not that complete
that I can underestand how to use the  pooling feature. Where can I see a sample that use
pooling fully?
>   It is easy to use PooledConnectionFactory but it seems it only pool connections. How
can I use pool for all poolable objects?

Note the pooling package is purely as a work around for folks using
Tomcat and Spring with Spring's JmsTemplate. It should only be used
for sending messages - it does not support consuming messages.

If you want to deal with pooling of inbound messages and provide a
general proxy to the ConnectionFactory to deal with all kinds of
pooling of connections, sessions, threads and deal with exceptions and
transactions, then look at using Jencks...

http://jencks.org/Message+Driven+POJOs
--

James
-------