activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Purging Obsolete Persistent Messages
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:02:46 GMT
On 4/21/06, vlv <vaughn@jubatus.com> wrote:
> I should have mentioned that this is a queue on version 3.2.1. We do indeed
> need to swich to 4.x at least for master/slave and jmx support. But we won't
> have time for that for a few months.
>
> Yeah, we have two brokers in a cluster, each servicing a queue with the same
> name, and they are in the reliable config for each other. One queue's table
> has around 180 messages and the other has around 220. We see those values
> rise and fall a bit, but the tables never go empty, and we don't see any
> listeners receiving messages. So they seem to be stuck.... ???

In 3.x messages could end up getting sat on a queue when using 2
brokers in a network as a cluster; we've added masters/slave in 4.x to
fix this common use case. Also if you are using networks in 4.x we've
much more options for controlling how demand is managed and how the
network operates etc.

--

James
-------