activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: could Networks of Brokers feature do this job?
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:34:34 GMT
What is it you are trying to achieve?

If you want store and forward across a number of brokers (it doesn't
matter how many) then just set up a demand forwarding network as
described here
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/Networks+of+Brokers

If you have a large number of brokers you might want to use some form
of discovery (such as multicast) to avoid having to maintain huge
lists of static machine addresses & ports etc.

On 4/21/06, Matthew Xie <ant_miracle@163.com> wrote:

> Thanks James!
> I have read your reply that i think it will work. but if i have more than 3
> brokers in use,
> it will become more and more complex.
> i find a artical says that activemq  can provider such function.
> The url is here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/How+do+distributed+queues+work
> here I quoted from this artical:
>
> "Each node communicates with a broker and we can support networks of
> brokers. Thats to say brokers can communicate with brokers so that we can
> make large networks of nodes and brokers. When a JMS producer sends a
> message to a JMS consumer, it may travel through several brokers to reach
> its final destination."
>
> but I doesn't find any examples to help me to understand how to work with
> it.
> so it is appreciate that if  you could show me some examples for it.
> Thanks.
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > You can link broker 1 to broker2 and broker3. By default messages will
> > be load balanced across broker2 and broker3 (assuming there are
> > consumers on those brokers & you are using demand based forwarding).
> >
> > If you want ActiveMQ to use broker2 by default then you can give
> > broker2 a higher consumer priority so that it will be used by default
> > until it dies and then broker3 will be used.
> >
> > BTW be sure to check out master/slave if you want to replicate
> > messages to 2 physical brokers to get high availability and failover
> > (rather than store and forward).
> > http://activemq.org/MasterSlave
> >

> > On 4/21/06, Matthew Xie <ant_miracle@163.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> First thanks James. i had read the artical you shown me:
> >> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/Networks+of+Brokers
> >> it do works for me.
> >> but I have a another more complex challenge .
> >> now i could use AcitveMQ broker1 transfer message(s) to another AcitveMQ
> >> broker2.
> >> The question now i given is that if I have the third AcitveMQ broke3,
> >> while
> >> here a problem(eg.network problem) accuse between broker1 and broker2(and
> >> broker3 can connect each of them), so they cann't be connected .is that
> >> networks of brokers can do this feature that broker1 will use broker3 to
> >> transfer message(s) to broker2.  Any replay will be appreciated!
> >> Thanks.
> >> --
> >> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at Nabble.com.
> >>

> > --
> >
> > James
> > -------
> > http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/