activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Purging Obsolete Persistent Messages
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:24:46 GMT
On 4/21/06, vlv <vaughn@jubatus.com> wrote:

> There are several persisted messages in our queue's ACTIVEMQ_MSGS table.

I take it these messages were sent on a topic right? (We tend to
delete the messages as they are consumed for queues).

> We
> believe that all these messages have been sent and received successfully.
> The EXPIRATION column has been set to 0 (zero) for all of them. Does that
> mean they are no longer active messages waiting to be sent?

AFAIK expiration just indicates if they have a JMS expiry time (i.e.
that the message should be discarded if its not consumed within a time
period).

> Also, does the broker ever sweep/purge obsolete messages?

Yes - its a background task to clear out any messages from durable
topics which have been delivered to every consumer. You positive you
don't have any pending durable subscribers keeping the messages alive?
Tinker with the tables and you should be able to see what messages are
ack'd for each durable subscriber.

BTW looking at the broker status in JMX might help
http://activemq.org/JMX

--

James
-------