activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: could Networks of Brokers feature do this job?
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:09:10 GMT
You can link broker 1 to broker2 and broker3. By default messages will
be load balanced across broker2 and broker3 (assuming there are
consumers on those brokers & you are using demand based forwarding).

If you want ActiveMQ to use broker2 by default then you can give
broker2 a higher consumer priority so that it will be used by default
until it dies and then broker3 will be used.

BTW be sure to check out master/slave if you want to replicate
messages to 2 physical brokers to get high availability and failover
(rather than store and forward).
http://activemq.org/MasterSlave

On 4/21/06, Matthew Xie <ant_miracle@163.com> wrote:

> First thanks James. i had read the artical you shown me:
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/Networks+of+Brokers
> it do works for me.
> but I have a another more complex challenge .
> now i could use AcitveMQ broker1 transfer message(s) to another AcitveMQ
> broker2.
> The question now i given is that if I have the third AcitveMQ broke3, while
> here a problem(eg.network problem) accuse between broker1 and broker2(and
> broker3 can connect each of them), so they cann't be connected .is that
> networks of brokers can do this feature that broker1 will use broker3 to
> transfer message(s) to broker2.  Any replay will be appreciated!
> Thanks.
> --

James
-------