activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ and unidirectional flow
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:32:02 GMT
Unfortunately ActiveMQ depends on bidirectional communication with a
broker; as you need to make requests (such as to connect and to create
subscriptions) to be able to receive data. So unless there's a way to
communicate with a broker, its a bit hard to implement JMS features.

We could provide a limited subset of JMS where you just listen on some
(say) socket which is preconfigured to receive a certain topic
subscription; so that the client just reads but we would not be able
to implement any kind of reliability/persistence/acknowledgement
though.

On 4/20/06, kj1003 <kokil.jain@lmco.com> wrote:

> Our current design uses both topics and queues and messages are persistent.
> "Upload only link" is a new requirement for us and we are struggling to find
> a solution.
>
> Thanks for the help.
> --

James