activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query Command Line Tool With ActiveMQ 4RC3 RAR
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:24:25 GMT
On 4/20/06, greenbean <Kevin.Urciolo@ngc.com> wrote:

> We are deploying activemq 4 RC3 into JBoss as a RAR.

The RAR is mainly to connect MDBs in JBoss to the ActiveMQ client; so
there's nothing stopping you running the ActiveMQ broker outside the
RAR and JBoss if need be...

> I believe the browser
> command line script works, however, query and others do not.  I guess it is
> trying to connect to JBoss.  Is there a way to make this work?

The query scripts just need to communicate with JMX of the broker
AFAIK; I normally use ActiveMQ broker as standalone - the JMX stuff
might need tweaking when hosting inside JBoss.

So one quick fix to your issue is run the broker standalone outside of
JBoss :). I'm sure the fix to get it to work when the broker is inside
JBoss is just a change to the JMX URI to connect to

--

James
-------