activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSL with client authentification?
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:10:39 GMT
> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for the info!  So all the real magic is in:
> ((SSLSocket)socket).setNeedClientAuth(needClientAuth) and
> ((SSLSocket)socket).setWantClientAuth(wantClientAuth);
>
> I'm going to apply a patch so you can do this and also set any other
> properties on the socket.  First off, when binding a tcp transport,
> you will be able to use "transport." prefix on properties to configure
> the options on the transports the connector creates.  Secondly, you
> will be able to configure options on transport's the socket using the
> "socket." prefix on the transport options.
>
> So if you need clientAuth on the sockets created by ssl transport
> connector, you would use:
> ssl://localhost:616167?transport.socket.needClientAuth=true

Isn't 'transport.' superflous? i.e. ssl is a transport, so can't we just use

ssl://localhost:616167?socket.needClientAuth=true

> If this is OK with you, I'll go a head and commit the change.

I was just about to apply this patch - so I'll leave it to you :). It
certainly sounds like your patch is a bit more extensible to other
kinds of socket/socketfactory

--

James
-------